For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018, the Data Controller is Travel Blue Ltd.
We may collect and process the following information from you:
- Information that you provide by submitting personal details on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to our mailing list, or requesting further information from us. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Site.
- Specifically, personal details such as name, email address, or any other information input by you when registering to our mailing list or contacting our support team.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to the Site including, but not limited to browser type and version, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data is kept secure and is kept for the duration of your use of our Site. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data when transmitted to the Site, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If your personal details change you may update them by accessing the relevant page of the Site. If you have any questions about how we use data collected which relates to you, please contact us by sending a request by email to the contact details below.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- to provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you.
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise the Site, our business, and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research, personalise or otherwise customise your experience, and for advertising and marketing.
- to carry out our obligations arising from the Site terms and conditions entered into between you and us.
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure.
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Site.
- to notify you about changes to our Site.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (where applicable).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- service providers for the performance of the terms and conditions we enter into with you, or any subsequent agreement we enter into with such service provider.
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Site.
- third party companies or individuals to assist us with fraud prevention and risk assessment, to assist us with customer service, and to facilitate the payments or reimbursements you request.
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our users will be one of the transferred assets.
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms or other agreements.
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Travel Blue Ltd, the Site, our users and any third party we interact with to provide the Site.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you before collecting your data if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not checking/checking certain tick boxes we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using our contact details set out below.
If you reside within the EEA, the Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. Most access requests will not be subject to a fee.